Friday, August 15, 2008

Walking the Beach


Reflections by the Sea © Betsy Ore Glass
August 15, 2008

Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy Psalms 33:3 NIV

Is there any better therapy or medicine than taking a long walk on the beach? Whether it is a brisk walk or a slow stroll, either way, it seems like a “cure-all” for me. During a walk, the sights and sounds overtake me and in no time, the cares of the world have faded. My mind is a blank canvas on which to paint future hopes and dreams on. I use this time of walking the beach to probe my heart and mind.

The feeling I experience of solitude and refreshment to my spirit from being at the beach isn’t anything that I can find anywhere else. Walking the beach is a passion of mine and it has been the setting for many conversations with God.

Do you have a passion in your life? Is there something that you can do or some place that you can go that energizes you and fills your spirit to overflowing? I observe that folks who have hobbies or interests that they are passionate about seem to live in joy and health. The happiest people I know are those that use their free time wisely and are active participants in life by exploring, experiencing and doing. God made us as individuals with feelings, emotions, talents and skills that are unique to us. He supplies us with time and energy. We should consider the gifts that He gives us as we seek a passion-filled life that glorifies Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment