Thursday, May 8, 2014

Light


Light


The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed. The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time. For the Lord protects the bones of the righteous; not one of them is broken! Psalm 34:17-20 NLT

This week I have heard of so many people that are facing trials. Health issues, family concerns, needing guidance in all kinds of situations. Many of these folks know God. (God bless the parents and grandparents that took the time to introduce God to a child, who knows Him at an early age.) When I was a young child, my grandmother told me about Jesus and we made a scrapbook about Him using old church bulletins. I am forever grateful to her. Her faith led me in a straight path to Him and He has been my Protector and Provider ever since. I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well. 2 Timothy 1:5

What about the person facing problems and they don’t know God? They have always relied on themselves and their own efforts to deal with difficulties and have prided themselves in doing pretty well. But they reach a situation that is more than they can handle. They face something insurmountable. Maybe they even feel hopeless. As a Believer, we know there is always hope. We have to reach out to these Dear Ones, and with God’s wisdom, show them a better way. It is our chance to shed light on their darkness. They don’t have to live in doubt about what God can do. At a time of crisis it is human nature to reach out. Choose to be the person to help them find God.  I remember that childhood song that says, “This little light of mine, I’m going to let it shine”? One little light can make a difference.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment