Wednesday, February 4, 2009


Morning Sunshine


Reflections by the Sea © Betsy Ore Glass
February 04, 2009

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. –Isaiah 40:31 NIV

Isn’t it wonderful to wake up to sun streaming in through the windows? There is nothing like a sunny morning to get the day started off right. Even when the weather seems too cold to venture out or the winds too brisk, if there is morning sunshine available, I try to enjoy it. This past week my Mother and I headed out to the pier to watch the waves and see the seagulls up close. The seagulls basked in the morning sun, the wind rippling their feathers. When a cold blast would come, they would burrow their heads in their chest or huddle together for warmth. The gulls depend on the heat from the sun to keep them warm and I realize that we do to. The cheery brightness of day often seems to add hope and encouragement to an ordinary day. I came across a little poem this week when I was going through my Dad’s desk. It was in his handwriting. Since my Dad was not a poet that I know of, he perhaps got this poem from a greeting card or an inspirational calendar. It left an impression on him, though. He liked it well enough to write it down on paper to save for perhaps someone like me to find it. When I first read it, I thought that it was a great way to greet each day. Maybe you will agree. It reads:

"Come, O Lord, like morning sunshine
Making all life new and fresh
For the daily tasks and challenges
May we rise renewed in Thee "

Each day is a new beginning. Like morning sunshine that turns darkness into light, God can pour out his blessings, refreshment and strength over us in a daily renewal of our mind, body and spirit. And we can renew our relationship with Him by inviting Him to be a part of each new day He blesses us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment