Thursday, September 17, 2009

Direction


Reflections by the Sea © Betsy Ore Glass
September 17, 2009

Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead me and guide me. Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth. -Psalm 31:2-5 (NIV)

For years, we have loved travelling up and down the “Beach Road” on the Outer Banks. Long ago, it was the main route north and south that could take you from the northern beaches of Southern Shores to the popular fishing spot of Oregon Inlet. We never tired of taking the straight and narrow two lane drive that ran parallel to the beach. There was always something to see, even the occasional glimpse of the ocean behind the sand fences. Now more roads have been built, plus bridges too. An old Proverb says that “You cannot be lost on a road that is straight”.

Direction is a word that doesn’t only apply to road or maps. It applies to our life, too. Seeking direction is equivalent to having a compass. You know where you are and you know where you want to go. The compass spells it out. But our life and circumstances requires more than a compass….we need God to show us the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment