Thursday, January 3, 2013

Wide Open
Reflections by the Sea © Betsy Glass
January 03, 2013


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. – Jeremiah 29:11 NIV The New Year was just a few days ago. The Christmas decorations are packed and stored for another year. My little house seems wide open again. Oh, yes I do love the decorations, but I like the feeling of the extra space too. Everything seems new again. This time of year gives way to many reflections of the past: past Christmases, changes within our family, new adventures, achievements and disappointments. But January marks the time for new hope, plans, books to read, a life to live. Like my house, I feel like I am wide open to new things. One of my favorite places to be is when I feel I have the beach all to myself. No one but me and God, the occasional shorebird and the rustling sound of the dried stems of the sea oats in the winter wind. It feels like anything is possible on those days of peace walking under God’s umbrella. Lots of time to think, reflect and pray! Praying God’s Will over our life and the lives of our loved ones is far better than making strides by ourselves to “do our own thing” while not having his covering over us. Like many of you, I don’t know just yet what He is calling me to do in 2013, but I know it will be good. Let us be wide open with a heart of obedience to accept the plans He has for us. Yes, we will continue to dream and hope, knowing some of those dreams and hopes have been planted in our hearts by Him. Seek Him. Be expectant and hopeful. Trust Him

No comments:

Post a Comment