Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Treasured Presence
Reflections by the Sea © Betsy Ore Glass
February 12, 2013


But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29 Walking around my home sometimes I admire the little treasures I have collected over the years that have special meaning for me. Some of my favorite things are worn Bibles and dog-eared devotion books that have been highlighted for their encouragement, bowls of shells from walks on the beach, and family photographs serving as reminders of great times. Searching through one of those devotional books this week, a phrase caught my attention. It said, “Decorate ones’ home with the presence of the Lord”. I had never thought of it in those terms before, but it caused me to wonder about what my treasures really were and if I had included God into my “decorating theme”.  When I heard that phrase, I looked around my home with a new eye. What I saw brought me joy. God’s beauty surrounded me in this space through Bibles, books, artwork, photographs of nature, calendars with scripture, Bible study notes, intertwined with everyday life like music, stacks of newspapers, my puppies toys scattered about and a comfortable chair for rest. These walls have seen and heard a lot of prayers over time. I pray that this space we call home is pleasing to God. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matt. 6:21My prayer today for you and for me is that the Lord is the head of our home always, that He greets us at the door, resides with us and fills us with His presence. When He is treasured in our home and there is a place made for Him, He will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment