Wednesday, January 7, 2015

No Limits


No Limits

 I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. –Philippians 4:13.

The first of January brings about a lot of evaluation. Am I doing what God would have me do? Am I happy? Do I bring joy to others? What can I do differently? How can I improve? Those are some of the questions I ask myself and ask God in prayer.

In years’ past I reflect and realize I self imposed limits on myself. Not daring to try something because I would have talked myself out of it before ever beginning.  Or going out on a limb to do something out of my comfort zone and stopping at the first setback.  I know I am not alone. Remember that saying….”if I knew then what I know now”?

My younger days were about what I could do on my own. I pushed hard and was determined. But when you go it alone, without God, you can only go so far. Now, I know that all things are possible. That I can dream “no limit” dreams and give God control. There is great peace to be found trusting in Him.

But you are reading this and maybe you are saying, the doctor said there is no hope for this disease or my marriage is failing or I can’t find a job. What happened to my dreams? God would want you to hold His Hand through this valley. A scripture to engrave on your heart is this….Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean NOT on your own understanding, but in ALL ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3: 5-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment